Position: Tax Manager
Specialisation: Personal Tax
Telephone: +353 1 496 1444
Shay O’Brien is a Tax Manager in PKF with particular responsibility for personal tax. Shay has over 15 years tax experience and is 10 years with PKF and oversees the personal tax division. Shay has specific expertise in the following areas:
- Personal Tax Returns
- Tax Advice for owners of residential and commercial property
- Tax Advice for high net worth individuals
- Revenue Audits in respect of Income Tax, Capital Gains Tax, VAT
Shay has particular expertise in reducing his client’s personal tax liabilities for example;
- Shay has advised clients of tax relief on Section 481 Film Investments and his clients have participated in films such as Penny Dreadful, Vikings.
- In recent years, Shay has also developed an important role in advising Irish Business owners and CEO’s of multi-national companies on areas of personal taxation.
- Shay is an expert in the area of stock awards, share options, RSU’s (Restricted Stock Units) and advises on the tax implication of same together with the tax implications on disposal of such assets.
Shay’s personal approach to the nature of his work ensures a close working relationship between him and his clients. Shay has lectured on the taxation of Irish rental income, Revenue audits and property charges. He has also written on the areas of LPT, non-resident landlords, preparing tax returns in advance of the Revenue deadline, Budget changes. He has previously worked with Grant Thornton and EY.